It was in 1970 that the Swiss Canadian Chamber of Commerce (Quebec) (SCCCQ) was founded by Mr. Pierre Barbey, Consul General of Switzerland in Montreal (1968 to 1974) and a group of businessmen in order to encourage business and commeical relations between Switzerland and Canada.
Although excellent relations already existed between the large Swiss firms in Montreal et important Canadian companies, the task of boradening these relations to smaller businesses was a challenge.
It was in October of 1971 that the first edition of the "Journal" appeared, later becoming Info Suisse. Inside these quartely editions, we find current information about the economic scene in Switzerland and Canada. The large Swiss firms and personal contacts of the members of the enthusiastic small founding group contributed to attract Canadian companies to join the SCCCQ.
Networking, and the organisation of social events have let a large number of small firms and individuals in need of a boost offer their services and products.
The year 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of the SCCCQ, which has developed and played an important role in the growth of Canadian and Swiss business relations.
- Vincent Galland - Deloitte - 2020 - 2022
- Marie Habre - Lette & Associés - 2016 - 2020
- Christian Dubois - Onix International - 2014 - 2016
- Olivier Rodriguez par intérim, Mirabaud Canada Inc., 2014
- Jean Serge Grisé - Fondation Chagnon - 2011 - 2014
- Monica Schirdewahn - Lette & Associés - 2009 - 2011
- Jacques Thévenoz - Europack Inc. 2007-2008
- Raphaël Delacombaz - UBS Canada - 2005-2006
- Jean-Marc Ferland - Ferland, Marois, Lanctot - 2003-2004
- Peter Fuhrer - Rodania Canada Inc. - 2001-2002
- Jacques Thévenoz - Europack Inc. - 1999-2000
- Joyce Mazur - Lette & Associés - 1997-1998
- Raphaël Delacombaz - UBS Canada - 1995-1996
- Michael Finnegan - La Citadelle Assurances - 1993-1994
- Peter Pfiffner - Pfiffner Management Inc. - 1991-1992
- François Labonté - Union Bank of Switzerland - 1990
- Jean-Claude Godel - Sulzer Brothers (Canada) Ltd. - 1988-1989
- Richard Joller - Pictet Canada L.P. - 1986-1987
- Patrick Kieran - Jemelka-Kieran & Associés - 1984-1985
- Duncan MacLachlan - Brown-Boveri (Canada) Ltd. - 1983
- Peter Schibler - Union Bank of Switzerland - 1981-1982
- Lyle Creighton - Brown-Boveri (Canada) Ltd. - 1980
- H. Benny Knuchel - Ciba-Geigy (Canada) Ltd. - 1978-1979
- Edmond A. Lemieux - Hydro-Québec - 1976-1977
- Tom Schur - Sulzer Brothers (Canada) Ltd. - 1974-1975
- Peter Decker - Hoffmann-LaRoche Ltd. - 1971-1973
- Werner Gruetter - Sulzer Brothers (Canada) Ltd. - 1970
- Marcel Hurni - Swissair - 1969